Isaac grows bigger and more entertaining with each passing day. I wish I could bottle up his spirit, his all-encompassing exuberance and open it on special occasions. It's intoxicating. Everything is exciting, new and fascinating. He loves to make me laugh and I love to make him laugh. It's a fun game we play: "See Who Can Laugh The Most?" We both win.
I am both overjoyed and awed at the amount of independence he has already asserted. He is so adventurous and ready to do things on his own even if that means bumps and bruises. I can hardly believe the tiny, pink, wailing, utterly helpless baby that I held just 6 months ago is now rolling his way around our living room floor, trying desperately to grab things off of our not-so baby-proof coffee table while giggling at Rufus. As I marvel at this and recall those emotions of his first few days of life, I realize that so much has changed, but the heart-melting power that he holds over me is still as intense as it was on day one.
| Working on crawling |
| Sing-a-long with Grandma and Grandpa. Guitar = fascinating! |
I would be remiss if I didn't mention how lucky I've been to experience this all with my best friend. Let me just say that I strongly doubt there has ever been a more supportive husband and loving father than my Joseph. Since we came home from the hospital with our Bundle of Joy, he has made me breakfast (and not just any ol' breakfast - I'm talkin' pancakes, omelets, etc.) every morning, dinner every night (and lunch most days, as well) and cleaned the kitchen. This is no exaggeration. I could count on one hand the number of meals I've made for myself and I know there was a time when I did dishes, but I'm having trouble remembering it now. This included those days when he was still in law school and would come home at 9 or 10pm. When Isaac didn't latch for those first two weeks, Joe took over his feedings while I pumped causing his hands and forearms to cramp from near constant use of an orthodontic syringe. He was the voice of reason and my shoulder to cry on when I was sure that Isaac would never get the hang of breastfeeding (still going strong, by the way!). On the mornings when I was too exhausted to function, he would take Isaac and let me sleep regardless of how little he slept the night before (this still happens frequently). I saw how his face beamed with pride the first time he held our son and every time since. I love how he loves Isaac, how he tells him that he loves him everyday, and says prayers with him every night. And I love him for being on this journey with me. There's no one else I'd rather have by my side the past 9 years - especially the past 6 months - and beyond.
Thank you to my two amazing men (well, one soon-to-be man) in my life. For all that you are to me and for all that you do, I love you both more than you know.
Happy six months isaac! We love you lots! And what a sweet post about Joe...aka dream husband based on what I just read. You two are the best and we are so glad to be parenting alongside you and so close to you too!
ReplyDelete