Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Outside

Help! My baby has transformed into a dirt-loving, bug-finding, truck-rolling, grass-eating, knee-scraping 100% boy. The only place Isaac wants to be nowadays is outside. His morning routine goes a little something like this: wake up, snuggle, change diaper, go to window, look at ducks, talk about ducks, go to outside and play/talk to ducks.
"Can we go outside...pleeeeease?"


"OK that's enough, Mom."
Monday Ducks
Tuesday Ducks
Wednesday Ducks

After greeting the ducks, it's in and out the backdoor for the rest of the day playing, talking and exploring. I don't know what I'll do once it gets too hot to leave the door open all day!
 That's right folks... we've got a walker!

We've been getting a lot of rain here and those days are hard. Last week, after 3 days in a row of constant storms, Isaac (and I) couldn't take it anymore. He just sat by the backdoor getting frustrated and trying repeatedly to open it. I finally decided to open the door, thinking that he would see or feel that it was cold and wet, maybe take a step outside, have his curiosity satisfied and come right back in. I was wrong! He loved it. He played outside like it was an ordinary, sunny day until I picked him up and plopped him into a warm bath.

And then there's the park...
Not but a few weeks ago, the most he wanted to do at the park was sit halfheartedly in the swing and look around. I don't know if it's because of his new mobility or not, but now, he loves the park - every last bit of it!


 Having lots of fun with our active, adventurous boy!

2 comments:

  1. I love that he props his leg up while watching the ducks! So cute. I saw a lot of pics in this post that a future (like way in the future) wife would look at and go awwww you were so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ducks, huh? Someone get that boy some waders and a shotgun!

    ReplyDelete