Friday, September 28, 2012

18 & 19 Months

Well month 18 came and went without a post. Isaac had a stomach virus, then a cold and then we jumped into the deep end of potty training... but more on that later.

There's been lots of music in our house thanks to a special gift from Grandma and Grandpa Licata. I'm trying to learn what I can before Isaac starts taking lessons in a few years and blows past me.

 The new words keep flowing. One of his most used is "no" but has recently introduced a slow, deliberate head nod.

He's been learning how to be a friend, to share and to play with others. We have a pretty consistent play group of kids his age here and his best friends are "Kinnie" and "Nonan" (Quinn and Nolan).


He drops everything to hang out with Dad. Those two are stuck together like glue on evenings and weekends.

And works hard to perfect the "Daddy look".

Not to worry. I still get plenty of love from my boy.
During dinner one night, Joe was talking to him about who we love (I love Isaac, Isaac loves Mommy, etc.) and he asked him if Mommy was his favorite. After a few seconds of deep thought, he shook his head and said "trucks!" Ok, so I'm below trucks, but just barely.

We went tailgating for the A&M v Florida game and had a great time seeing College Gameday in action, catching up with friends, and Isaac's favorite, eating tailgating food.

We've been enjoying toeing the line between Summer and Fall. It's crisp in the mornings but hot in the afternoons so we're still making the occasional visit to the splash pad. 


And Isaac's favorite part of any outing: spotting a baby.

 He's still a great eater and is constantly grazing. His favorites are bananas, bread and cheese.


The biggest news from the last month is potty training! He's been showing a lot of the signs of readiness for a few months now so I went ahead and bit the bullet. It went really smoothly and a week and a half in Isaac is close to pro status!

One of the downsides to having a potty trained 1.5 year-old is the ill-fitting underwear. The smallest I could find in stores is size 2T/3T and that barely hangs onto his slender frame. I guess I'll have to keep searching or wait until he grows into them. He loves his "uh-nees" nonetheless.




2 comments: