Saturday, January 28, 2012

Furniture DIY TLC, Part 1

I've finished the first of many furniture projects for our new place.

To start, I went after these bar stools that I picked up for 15 bucks a piece off of craig's list. They started off with a light wood finish and some interesting floral fabric.
Here's one watching Isaac play.
Look away! They're embarrassed for you to see them like this!

First, I sanded and primed them. As I got started I realized that one had been broken and glued back together in one place so I had to to a little bit of heavy duty sanding to get the surface smooth. Then I painted them heirloom white and recovered them with this fabric.

One painted, one sanded and primed.

And voilĂ !

More projects to come!

3 comments:

  1. Loving this! I recognize that fabulous fabric! It makes for some great kitchen chairs! I cannot get over that sweet boy and all his hair. I miss him like crazy

    ReplyDelete