Wednesday, December 28, 2011

10 Months

Isaac's last month was bookended by sickness, but filled with all sorts of fun in between.

As usual, lots of playtime and exploration:
Found his belly button!

Standing unassisted!
He still loves to eat, especially Cheerios!


He loves cheerios so much, in fact, that they were a great distraction (when combined with Bibi making funny faces) for his first haircut. He shed all of his baby hair with the exception of the patches right above both ears. His "locks" were getting a little out of control so after watching several Youtube tutorials, I nervously took some scissors to his precious head.
Before: locks = out of control
During: sitting sweetly still
Nervous mama: "Don't mess up! Don't mess up!"
After: Dapper boy
Celebratory Cheerios!
Perhaps the biggest development of the last month: SLEEEEEEEEP! We've finally figured it out. In the last few weeks, Isaac went from sleeping only 2 hours without waking at night to 5 hours to 7 and then to 12. Something just clicked. He goes to bed around 7:30 most nights and will sometimes wake up in the 6am hour to nurse, but will go back to sleep until 7 or 8am.
I thought that those first few months of sleep deprivation were hard, but that was nothing compared to 9 months of never sleeping more than a few hours every night, always interrupted (totally worth it, by the way). Now, with just a week or two of good sleep under my belt, I feel like a new person (although it'd be more accurate to say I feel like my old pre-baby self). Upon exit from this sleepless haze I'd like to apologize to anyone whom I snapped at, haven't called back, didn't laugh at your joke, forgot your birthday, or offended with any other act of Tired Brain crime. I'm back!

Happy 10 months to our beautiful boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment