Saturday, April 23, 2011

Isaac Arrives!

We've had almost two months to settle in so I figured it's high time I get to blogging.

The last eight weeks have been the most chaotic, exhausting and AMAZING of our lives.  First, a little bit about Isaac's entry into the world...

37 weeks pregnant

His timing was impeccable. Thursday, February 24th was my last day of work and Joe's final day of the Texas Bar Exam. I think that I was so relieved to be done with everything that I took a big sigh of relief and broke my water.  Literally. Just as we were getting ready to head out for a big celebratory date after a day full of errands my water broke. Joe had assembled the crib not half an hour prior.

We checked into the hospital on Friday night and Isaac didn't show himself until the wee hours of Sunday morning, February 27th. I will say that labor is the single most difficult and most rewarding and awesome thing I have ever done. Joe "caught" him on the way out and we had an incredible first few moments as a family. All three of us crying like babies! I will never forget it. He was 7 pounds, 4 ounces and 20 inches of beautiful baby boy.

We are so totally in love with our little guy. He is pensive, easy-going, serious, and an eater. I cherish every second with him, and love my life as a mom. He lives up to his namesake and has me laughing all the time.

Another great joy for me has been seeing what an incredible father Joe is to our son. Although it came as no surprise, I still love to sit back and watch how tender, attentive and affectionate he is. Isaac seems equally enamored. He smiles big when Dad plays with him, focuses hard when Dad reads to him, listens intently when Dad talks, stops crying when Dad holds him, and follows him with his eyes as he crosses a room. A daddy's love is a powerful thing.

Joe & his mini-me

Thanks to all who have showered love on Isaac in these first few weeks. He is lucky to have such loving family and friends already. We will try to keep y'all updated on our rapidly growing boy!

1 comment:

  1. I will be your #1 blog stalker. Consider yourself warned.

    Also, I love his smirk.

    ReplyDelete