Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas and welcome to the start of our blog!  Hopefully, this will be a good way to spread the news of all of the goings-on of our family.

Right now, I am almost 30 weeks along in my pregnancy, which means that Isaac Ambrose should be showing up in about 2 1/2 months!  Joe and I couldn't be more excited about the arrival of our first born and have been all smiles since we found out. Everything has gone smoothly in the pregnancy thus far, and we continue to pray for a happy and healthy baby and mom come March.

There's been a lot of reminiscing about past Christmases and all of the years that led us to where we are now. It's hard to believe how far we've come and how much things can change.


 From Christmas 2002 to Christmas 2010!


Can't wait to see what our photo from Christmas 2018 will look like...

We've added a few wrinkles, reading glasses (Joe), gray hairs (Emily), five soon-to-be six degrees and diplomas from various institutions, and some much needed weight between the two of us, and I wouldn't trade it for the world. One thing's for sure, 16-year-old Emily and 17-year-old Joe had no idea what they were about to begin. I feel continually blessed by the maturity, compassion, support and wisdom of my husband. Joe's love has always been unwavering, but this new tenderness and devotion that he shows to Isaac is inspiring.
Juggling a very demanding law school schedule and a (somewhat) demanding pregnant wife has surely not been easy, but he has done it with style and grace, and was often aided by a half gallon of ice cream. What a great dad he's going to be! This Christmas, I just wanted to let him and all of you know how thankful I am to have this incredible man in my life, and I cannot wait to add another Little Man to the mix!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment